2006-01-06

Slow start

Good to begin well, better to end well.
-Fortune Cookie

I sure hope that's right, because I have not begun this year very well.

I rode my bike today: to the bread store, a total of about 0.5 miles. To add insult to slackness, I forgot to put my cycle computer back on, so the miles are "unofficial." Just as well.

Here are the stats from Monday's NordicTrack session:
4.63 miles in 1 hour (1:00:00).
Avg. heart rate: 143
Total calories burned: 1116

So that was pretty good, if slow.

This evening, I tuned up my commuter bike a bit. I oiled the chain, then wiped off the excess oil and adjusted the rear derailleur (it had been shifting badly). I had thought about either
  • Removing the kickstands from both bikes; or
  • Moving the lighter kickstand from the MTB over to the commuter.
In the end, I just removed the MTB's stand. This was after a thorough review of the "literature" on BikeForums, where I read horror stories of wrecked bikes and bodies due to kickstands catching on one thing or another on trails. No worries now. I do want to get the bearing tension checked out on both bikes' wheels.

And riding would be good, too....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home