2006-01-11

Gaining momentum

So today wasn't as energetic as it was supposed to be. So I didn't bike the 10 miles I'd hoped to bike. So what? Today was an improvement over the past several days. I did bike 5.5 miles and that included arguably the toughest hill in town.

And I made and installed a plastic chainring guard, so I won't have to worry about "the tattoo" anymore. It wasn't too hard to make. I just cut a round piece of black plastic, cut out the center to make it a ring, tapped the existing holes in the chainring, screwed the bolts in, marked where to make bolt holes in the ring, made the holes, added super thick plumbing washers (to keep the guard off the chain) and screwed it on. Not too shabby, and it works.

Why the bike didn't come standard with a chainguard I know not. I guess because cyclists are expected to wear a costume instead of regular clothes, and with a costume, you don't have to worry as much about rubbing the chain with your trousers. Just call me Fred, cause I'd rather be dead... than wear spandex.

I did wear my new safety vest, which seems to work.

So that's a whopping 17 miles this year so far. But a body in motion tends to stay in motion....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home