2006-01-30

Jan 30 -- More of same

This evening, I cycled 9.86 miles in 45+ minutes (12.9 mph).

I need to adjust both the front and rear derailleurs. Shifting to the lowest chainring has become a little too difficult, as I discovered on the largest hill in town. Ugh. Actually, getting up out of the saddle is good; I should do it more often. Somehow, the rear shifter hesitates (or balks) both up and down in places. I probably should take it in to the ol' LBS (local bike shop) and let them have a look. I'll try lubrication and barrel adjusters first.

But mostly, it was an excellent ride. I now have a flexible route that's interesting enough to do over and over. 8 miles, with two variations that add about a mile each. I'm increasingly interested in trying my old 20 mile out-and-back ride up Chipley Ford Road, but I worry about my (lack of) speed and the increased traffic. But I should just DO it and see what's what.

And I'm walking the dogs right after I post this....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home