2006-02-03

Feb 03 -- bunches of good stuff

Yesterday, I listened to my body. It said, "Give me a day off, or I'm going on strike!" So, I chilled out. I didn't cycle at all. I didn't walk the dogs. I did meditate.

Today didn't go as planned.

I'd planned to finish screwing around with the Trek's derailleurs by early afternoon, taking it to the local bike shop(s) as needed. Then I was going to do my old ride up Chipley Ford Road, a 20 miler I did 3-4 times a week back in the day.

Back then, that was my basic route; I'd often tack on a few more miles to round out a 2-3 hour ride. That was a daily thing. But I haven't done that ride in over 10 years, mainly because: (1) the increased traffic bugs/scares me; and (2) I'm slow, which makes (1) worse. When I was all sinewy, slender muscle, I averaged 15+ mph on that route on a Schwinn Varsity. These days, I average about 12 mph around town on my Trek ATB commuter rig. And I weigh, uh, a lot more than I did in 1991. :-(.

I finally feel strong enough to give Chipley Ford Rd. another go. But not today. I still haven't finished with those ****ing derailleurs yet....

What I did manage today was to ski 4.89 miles on the NordicTrack in an hour, burning almost 1100 calories at an average heartrate of 140 beats per minute. Kick ass!

I cycled 4.20 miles for transportation. Despite balky derailleurs. (I've almost got them fixed now. I think.)

I stretched (about time, huh?).

I meditated.

I walked the dogs 0.8 miles.

So... while it wasn't the day I had planned, it was a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home