2006-02-05

Weekly Numbers -- February 05, 2006

Weight: 57.50 lbs above target weight
This week: up 1.50 lbs
This year: up 2.00 lbs


Current bike odometer: 2203.5 miles

This past week:
  • I worked out 5 times, meeting my goal.
  • I cycled on 6 days, exceeding my goal, for a total of 46.01 miles.
  • I didn't drive the MTB at all, failing to meet my goal of using it twice (at least once off-road).
  • I walked the dogs 6 days, exceeding my goal, for a total of about 5 miles.
  • I skied 4.89 miles in 1 NordicTrack session.
  • I stretched once, failing to meet my goal of twice.
  • I meditated 5 times, exceeding my goal.
  • I drove the car about 75 miles, never for my own use (I took my visiting elderly relative to the train station in Salisbury and I took my mother to two medical appointments).
Other than not riding the MTB, and not stretching as much as I'd wanted, it was a good week. With bad results. That's two in a row, and it's hard to take. Probably my diet is to blame. I haven't done any deliberate modification, and maybe it's time to start.

This week's goals:
  • Workout at least 5 times, burning at least 500 calories each time.
  • Cycle at least 2 miles on at least 5 days.
  • Cycle at least 50 miles total.
  • Do at least one session of strength training.
  • Stretch at least 3 times.
  • Meditate at least 3 times.
  • Drive the car only when truly necessary and track mileage.
  • Refrain from overeating.
I've added another 5 miles to the cycling goal, added one strength training session, and increased the stretching and meditation goals to 3 days each. I removed the MTB and dog-walking goals, since I'm going out of town (without dogs or MTB; yeah -- sadness). "Only when truly necessary" with car driving is unfortunately going to include a 500+ mile (one-way) trip. I've kept the diet goal deliberately vague, but I hope awareness of the general principle will help me to Put The Cookie Down (PTCD) when I'm tempted to overeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home