2008-07-11

Back in the Saddle Again (again)

It's been over two frickin' years since I posted anything on here. It hasn't been quite that long since I exercised, but I'm going to dive back in now -- or at least dip my toe in to test the waters.

The main things I've been doing lately:

  • Bicycling. I've probably been doing about 3 times as much tinkering as riding, but I've done a few canal towpath rides, some street riding and one recent mountain bike ride at Hartshorne State Park. My current bikes: a Trek 800 rigid steel ATB, rigged for commuting and/or touring; and a new Gary Fisher Ascent aluminum framed hardtail for mountain biking. You'll recognize me on the trail, because I'm the one with the honey-colored Brooks Flyer sprung saddle. Laugh if you like, but my ass thanks me...

  • Swimming/Snorkeling! These are my new favorite activities. Again, you'll recognize me as the guy prowling the pool at the East Brunswick Bally Total Fitness wearing a snorkel and swim fins. At first I just went for the hot tub, but I can stay under for 20+ minutes now with no problems and my swimming is also much improved.

  • Nordic Track. Still plugging away on my old Nordic Track pro, 12 years and counting... I finally found the right lubricant for the squeaky wheels (I hope): lithium grease. This is still the smoothest cardio workout I know of. Even the newest elliptical machine at the gym doesn't come close.

  • Strength training. Right now, I'm averaging one full-body workout about once ever two weeks. Obviously I want to improve that. Also, we recently got a Bosu ball for at home. It's difficult but I like it!

So I'll start posting again and maybe that'll help motivate me. I'm very fat so I hope so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home