2006-01-17

A good week so far

Sunday I cycled 9.15 miles in just over 45 minutes, an average speed of 12.0 mph. This was a streets ride, making kind of a big, clockwise semi-circle around the town. I'm looking forward to being in such good shape that a ride like this seems tame and short. Right now, I feel the hills way too much and I'm glad when a ride like this is over.

Actually, I went about 8 miles, watched the Panthers/Bears game across town, then cycled home. I felt comfortable and safe in traffic. No honks or other crap. A couple of too-close passes, both Cadillacs driven by "senior citizens." Sorry, but buzzing cyclists is not -- repeat not -- good citizenship. But we're still talking over a foot away, so no big deal. I practiced memorizing their license plates and let go of my anger on the spot.

******************************************************************

Today was also good. I walked just over 5 miles -- or I should say we walked, since I was accompanied by faithful canine companionship. I also cycled a massive 0.69 miles on the MTB.

So for those playing the home game...

That's two workouts so far this week, two days of bike driving, one day of MTBing (even if it was on the street).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home