2008-07-30

NordicTrack and bad 90s movie

2008 07 30 Wednesday (20:00 finish)

NordicTrack
time 40 minutes
distance 3.8 miles
avg speed 5.7 mph

calories 747
avg heart rate 140

A pretty good little workout. Again, I'd have liked to have kept my heart rate a little lower, but part of the difficulty with that comes from yesterday's intense session. That other part comes from having expectations about how fast I "should" go. Chalk that up to 12 years of Nordic Trackin'.

I did increase the tension from the previous session (the machine I have in NJ is the Pro model, so I don't have objective tension measurement) but still found myself going in the mid 5s to low 6s, only slightly (if at all) slower than before.

In a break from previous convention, I'm counting my cool-down period in the workout. I did 36 minutes of the main workout, with a target HR of 135-140. I did the last 3 minutes of the main workout up to 170.

I rolled the machine in front of the TV and surfed into the end of The Chase, a Very Bad Movie starring Charlie Sheen. When that ended, I checked out the Satellite radio and discovered BPM, a dance remix channel which was totally excellent.

That's 151 of my 275 minutes for this week....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home